Pizazz for your walls that will make your friends say "wow"!
As a poor and frugal college student I don't exactly have the money for decorative luxuries. As a result my walls were sadly quite naked. However, using things I had laying around the house I made this poppy piece and added much needed personality to my barren abode.
Note: Although I put an hour for the time it entirely depends on the complexity and size of your design. With all that hair mine took much longer.
(Also, make sure to look at the full size, please!)
- Kimya J. favorited "Wow!" Wallart 13 Dec 02:48
- abigail r. added "Wow!" Wallart to other 06 Feb 07:13
- TheSewingMaven favorited "Wow!" Wallart 07 Nov 05:35
- PetiteElefant favorited "Wow!" Wallart 21 Feb 02:59
- Denise B. favorited "Wow!" Wallart 29 Jun 21:12
- Abnormal Abby added "Wow!" Wallart to Other 11 Jun 17:32
- sara b. favorited "Wow!" Wallart 18 May 11:12
- Jenny Makes Stuff! favorited "Wow!" Wallart 24 Mar 19:55
- elarablair favorited "Wow!" Wallart 23 Feb 18:38
- nigrummonten favorited "Wow!" Wallart 04 Feb 04:21
Gather your materials.
Obviously you can use as many of any color sharpies you want, but I think just black works best. It gives a more clean, finished look and really makes the color of the nail polish pop.
As for the cardboard, I used a peice about two feet tall and a foot wide, but you can use whatever you have lying about. In this case I would say bigger is better though.
After you know what size your cardboard you can sketch on another peice of paper what your design will be. Keep in mind what parts you'll be coloring in with the nail polish. Don't get too carried away, painting with polish is very tedious and fume-y work if the area is too large.
Additonally plan your design accordingly to the colors and amounts of polish you have on hand.
Transfer or sketch or design onto to cardboard with pencil.
Fill in desired areas with polish. You may have to do a couple coats.
After the polish dries go over the rest of the peice in sharpie.
Hang it up and razzle-dazzle! Your wall is now wow-a-riffic!