Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet Tutorial
I have all these bangle bracelets that I bought for my dance costume but, alas, my wrists and hands are tiny and one quick arm thrust means the floor is now wearing my bracelets. So I've been trying out different methods of dressing them up to sell or give away, and so far this is my favorite. I wrote this after I'd made it, so forgive the vagueness in some areas.
- Carla B. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 24 Jun 02:02
- Violet H. added Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet to Wire 27 Jan 20:03
- Lia H. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 30 Jul 01:02
- Kathy C. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 08 May 02:16
- Amber C. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 02 Oct 19:51
- Leanne N. added Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet to Wire works 02 Jan 16:07
- Teresa D. added Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet to creative stuff! 07 Feb 06:20
- Teresa D. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 07 Feb 06:20
- Jackie G. added Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet to Bracelets 06 Oct 18:08
- rosa r. favorited Woven Wire Bangle Bracelet 24 Apr 10:53
Cut two pieces of wire of equal length. I don't know how long mine were, so I'd guess 1.5'? Don't make them longer than you can easily handle.
Bend both pieces at the centers, just to mark that point. Slide the bead over both wires, to the center point.
Take the wires coming from the top of the bead and wrap them five times, each in opposite directions (left and right) around one bangle. Keep the wraps tight, and end with the wire sticking straight up to keep it outta your way.
Repeat step 3, but with the wires coming from the bottom of the bead and the other bangle. Keep the bead pressed tightly against the top bangle-- the work you're doing now is securing it in place. The rest is mostly artsy.
While weaving, you'll want to keep the opposite sides of the bangles-- opposite the bead, that is-- pinched together. If needed, wrap a twist-tie around them to keep them cinched together tightly.
The weaving goes as so:
Bring the top wire behind the top bangle and in front of the bottom bangle.
The bottom wire goes behind the bottom bangle and in front of the top bangle.
Repeat over and over, until you have about 3" of each wire piece remaining.