Always handy to have a knitting project on a long journey.
These boot toppers were knitted on a long journey from one end of Australia to the other.
- Jenn H. favorited Travelling Boot Toppers 23 Mar 06:02
- marie w. added Travelling Boot Toppers to Autumn 2018 19 Sep 09:51
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Travelling Boot Toppers 04 Mar 15:12
- HuntressFashion added Travelling Boot Toppers to Fashion how to! 16 Aug 15:44
- Melissa Beth favorited Travelling Boot Toppers 10 Jul 09:42
- FallenBeyond added Travelling Boot Toppers to To-make list 19 Jun 05:12
- Louise G. published her project Travelling Boot Toppers 17 Jun 09:00
Cast on 54 stiches
K2, P2 to end
Continue ribbing for 9 rows
Row 1: *K4, YO, K3, P2* rpt to end
Row 2: *K2, P8* rpt to end
Row 3: *K2, K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SSK, K1, P2* rpt to end
Row 4 (and all even rows) Knit all knit stitches and purl all purl stitches (Purl YO's)
Row 5: *K1, K2tog, YO, Slip one, K2, PSSO, YO, SSK, P2* rpt to end
Row 6: as row 4
Repeat this pattern (Rows 1 - 6) a further 5 times.
Repeat K2, P2 ribbing for 9 rows and loosely cast off.
To join, I slipped stitched them together with a crochet hook which leaves a nice, neat edge. They can just as easily be sewn together though.
The finished topper is 6 inches long. If you need to make them any wider, cast on a further 9 stitches for each extra pattern repeat.