The perfect summer cocktail!
Other fruits to add:
- Mnemosyn added Strawberry Sangria to Rock and roll 13 Jun 16:40
- EllieRaine added Strawberry Sangria to Outfit 06 Jun 23:27
- Rikki L. favorited Strawberry Sangria 07 Mar 15:19
- Jenny C. favorited Strawberry Sangria 20 Feb 02:08
- Gigi B. added Strawberry Sangria to food 11 Feb 20:16
- Leigh C. favorited Strawberry Sangria 11 Jan 23:01
- Emo Chick favorited Strawberry Sangria 10 Jan 19:44
- pon.l.you favorited Strawberry Sangria 04 Jan 19:59
- gabriella.richbourg added Strawberry Sangria to alcohol 11 Dec 08:15
- Shantelle t. added Strawberry Sangria to food!! 08 Dec 06:52
Stir together the water and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the sliced strawberries. Bring the mixture to a light boil and allow for the strawberries to break down as much as possible (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Use a fork or potato masher to help break down the strawberries. Remove from the heat. Pour the mixture through a sieve and into a glass pitcher or punch bowl and discard the solids. Allow for the syrup to cool completely.
Pour the wine, sparkling water, and the rum in with the syrup and stir until everything is well-combined. Add in sliced strawberries (I used almost 1 pint) plus any other fruit you desire. Allow for the sangria to chill for at least 2 hours if not overnight.