it wasn't supposed to look like this, but I think it all turned out all right...
In the beginning, I wanted to make this Fat Purple Bag that I saw on Ravelry. But as I went along with it, I realised that it's really small and not the kind of bag that I want to make for her. So I modified the pattern suing the concepts of increasing stitches for the puffy-look in the Fat Purple Bag. I didn't understand the last part on the basting and the handles, so I made it my own way. The result really wasn't too bad, but it didn't look good enough. Then I tried salvaging it by sewing up the bottom to create the look I wanted to achieve from the very beginning. I altered the bottom of the bag 3 times before I was satisfied with the way it looks. I crochet a scallop edging at the top, attached knitted straps, embellished it with buttons of a contrasting colour, stitched a lining, and this is what I got in the end.
gwenstella posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!