This decadent cheesecake is the ultimate chocoholic’s indulgence. It has a classic rocky road topping with marshmallows, nuts and cherries, all nestling on a creamy chocolate filling, studded with fudge pieces. This cheesecake is rich so is best served in thin slices!
For the crumb case
300 g Oreo cookies
For the filling
6 sheets leaf gelatine
For the topping
80 g honey-roasted cashews
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake 07 Nov 02:12
- Kiwigurl added Rocky Road Cheesecake to Yummy Food Baby 21 May 12:54
- Kiwigurl favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake 21 May 12:54
- PixieFey added Rocky Road Cheesecake to Recipes To Try 20 May 09:27
- Rikki L. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 07 Mar 15:24
- anita.n.g favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 11 Feb 17:29
- Kirsty L. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 04 Jan 15:17
- Claire M. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 07 Nov 23:20
- Sara D. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 20 Aug 19:33
- Suzi T. favorited Rocky Road Cheesecake? 02 Aug 10:22
You Will Need
To make the crumb case, crush the Oreo cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor or place in a clean plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and stir in the melted butter. Press the buttery crumbs into the base and sides of the prepared cake pan firmly using the back of a spoon. You need the crumbs to come up about 3–4 cm high on the side of the pan so that they make a case for the filling.
For the filling, soak the gelatine leaves in water until they are soft.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chocolate cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
Put the cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and warm gently. Squeeze the water from the gelatine leaves and stir them into the cream until the gelatine has dissolved. Pass the cream through a sieve to remove any undissolved gelatine pieces, then add to the cheese mixture. Beat until the mixture is smooth and slightly thick, then stir in the fudge pieces. Pour the mixture over the crumb case and chill in the refrigerator for 3–4 hours or overnight until set.
When set, sprinkle the cashews, cherries, marshmallows and chocolate honeycomb balls over the top of the cheesecake. Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and drizzle it over the rocky road topping. Chill in the refrigerator to set before serving.