Satisfy that sweet tooth!
This was a peice inspired by the Twinkie Chan Rainbowcake Cozy! I thought it was so cute I cooked up a neckwarmer version (I had to come home with a scarf!) This one has surface crocheted sprinkles and a lining of pink frosting shells for extra cuteness! I like pictures and I wanna see how well I write this, so show me if you decide to make it!
note to people, i am a slow crocheter/absentminded, so this will probably with dedication take someone much less time : D
- Ravenskull favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 02 May 01:58
- Jenn M. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 25 Jan 15:56
- Shaneece M. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 26 Nov 20:13
- Sherry J. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 31 Aug 21:23
- lauren w. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 06 Jun 00:27
- Riya K. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 27 Apr 03:11
- Amanda M. favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 21 Feb 05:18
- irieone311 favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 11 Feb 21:23
- Sarah S. added Rainbow Cake Scarflette to Accessories 06 Jan 04:46
- SarahOliveira92 favorited Rainbow Cake Scarflette 09 Oct 00:30
Chain 20 in the white
Sc (insert hook and loop, yarn over, pull, yarn over, pull) for about 2 to 4 rows depending on how thick you want.
*sc for a row and chain 1 to turn*
Now for the nifty buttonholes!
you can pick the size and spacing. i did 3 buttonholes
sc 3 or 4 in the row, *chain 2, skip the next sc and continue to sc for about 5 stitches* 2 times. chain 2, skip sc, sc until end.
single crochet for about 10 rows, on the last row, switch to the red and sc, then chain with that color.
now we begin the rainbow row!
*sc in red for 3 rows
sc for white in 2 rows* repeat until you go through all colors!
sc in white until desired legnth, bind off if you want but itll be interpretive
sc around the entire scarf to create the extra frosting lining
slip stitch in one sc, and in the next one sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc to create the frosting shell. keep going into last 2 stitches, sc, then 3 sc in next stitch to turn it, sc in next edge, do this all the way around
embroider or surface crochet sprinkles over longer part of scarf closer to the rainbow cake.
sew on premade or handmade buttons and button around neck how you please! now you have a lovely scarflette! enjoy :)