Old Clothing Rug
This took about 20 minutes to cut the fabric and another 30 to sew it.
The rug I made was 4 ft. x 4 ft.
I used scissors, thread and a sewing machine for this project!
- Key West Witch favorited Rag Rug 26 Jun 09:52
- alp.zoey added Rag Rug to Sewing plushies and more 18 Aug 06:43
- L M. favorited Rag Rug 06 Jul 17:39
- suzz2253 added Rag Rug to Rugs 21 Jan 03:24
- Debbie E. added Rag Rug to Rugs 23 Dec 12:18
- Alissa B. favorited Rag Rug 19 May 20:03
- Lee Rose added Rag Rug to Vardo 16 Mar 23:12
- Lee Rose added Rag Rug to Vardo 14 Mar 20:51
- dee M. added Rag Rug to RUGS 05 May 17:38
- dee M. favorited Rag Rug 05 May 17:38
Find some thick fabric such as an old curtain. I used a purple one.
Then find corresponding colored clothing. I used a pink shirt and floral skirt. *Larger rugs will require more clothing.
Cut the curtain into a square of whatever size you want.
Cut or rip the clothing into small strips about 4-5 in. long and 2 in. wide.
Grab your thick curtain or other fabric and fold the edges under to hem. Use the rough part of the fabric to touch the floor and the smooth side to put the rags.
Draw vertical lines with chalk across the length of the rug. This will help you keep the frags straight.
Sew the strips of clothes in horizontal order down the rug.
That's it, you're done!