DIY, Mosaic, Collage Box
Found a cheap old box and decided to give it a make over. But I had no money so decided to upcycle using old DVD's and glue. I was very pleased with the results!
- Becky d favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 19 Aug 15:53
- Rebecca M. favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 16 Jun 03:08
- mmotse03 favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 27 May 08:44
- frostkatelyn added Purple Mirror Mosaic Box to PROJECTS 30 Mar 13:15
- Sofia favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 10 Oct 18:04
- RareJewel favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 21 Jun 06:32
- Ashly C. added Purple Mirror Mosaic Box to DIY The Room - Kimmy Schmidt 06 May 02:23
- Angela I. favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 30 Nov 00:55
- Charyawn221 favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 26 Nov 17:16
- Cathy K. favorited Purple Mirror Mosaic Box 10 Oct 09:12
First you need to take your box (I was fortunate to have a cheap old box already, but you can buy them very cheap, or make one yourself from thick card) and paint a base onto the box. I used black because it really brings out the colour of the mosaic, but you can use any colour that takes your fancy!
When the paint on the box is dry, you can start glueing your pieces one side at a time. Practise laying out each piece of disk before glueing, starting at the edges. Then use PVA glue and press each piece onto the surface. This can be time consuming but gives excellent and accurate results.
When you have finished gluing one side, paint a top coat of glue over the mosaic to prevent chipping. Wait to dry and then move on to the next side.
Before you know it, you will have a gorgeous mirror box :-D
Please note: this is a project that requires some patience, and obviously you need to be careful about the small shards of disk that you cut (make sure that you pick up all small pieces afterwards, especially if you have children or pets with you)