Handy Display Prop for Photography for CHEAP!
I recently have started making jewelry, and wanted a nice way to display each piece on my Etsy shop once completed.
There are so many ideas for cute displays online using re-purposed materials. However, I don't have the right tools, furniture pieces, or room re-create some of the spectacular DIY ideas.
So, here is a super simple, quick, and cheap way to make your own faux jewelry display prop out of simple things you have around the house.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Photography Jewelry Display 19 Jul 02:41
- Chudames entered her project Photography Jewelry Display to Mum's 23 Feb 17:50
- Suzanne R. favorited Photography Jewelry Display 29 Mar 14:45
- Chudames entered her project Photography Jewelry Display to Picattoo 19 Mar 04:53
- Chudames entered her project Photography Jewelry Display to The Pop-Up Pinhole Company 19 Mar 04:50
- satilanna added Photography Jewelry Display to To-make list 14 Mar 21:53
- Miss.Bs.Page favorited Photography Jewelry Display 13 Mar 21:02
- Heather H. favorited Photography Jewelry Display 11 Mar 06:11
- parachles favorited Photography Jewelry Display 11 Mar 03:24
- Kimberly L. favorited Photography Jewelry Display 05 Mar 06:56
Using your cutting tool of choice, carefully cut out your stand. Using a piece of scrap cardboard, duct tape it to the back to make a stand
*** Optional: If your jewelry is particularly heavy, I've found that using a picture/book stand helps the display stand up to the weight without falling over.
Trim off excess fabric, leaving about an inch or so around, and carefully fold & tuck, then tape around your silhouette to secure the fabric in place.
Don't worry about the back being pretty!
*** Optional: If you don't have fabric, you could always use your favorite scrapbook paper, and fold it around. If you use glue instead of tape with paper, use a glue stick. Paste glue might soak through and be visible in macro pictures.