Pallet Wood Projects for Outdoor Spaces
After building all the projects in this book, what better way to relax by the pool or in the garden than in your hand-built deck chair? The wheels under the frame make this chair very easy to move around the terrace, so you can chase the sun or shade.
- Kimber C. favorited Pallet Deck Chair 03 Feb 02:51
- Benjamin S. commented on Pallet Deck Chair 15 Jun 08:04
- Benjamin S. favorited Pallet Deck Chair 15 Jun 08:04
- jane.louis.353 added Pallet Deck Chair to Beach 13 Jun 16:43
- jane.louis.353 favorited Pallet Deck Chair 13 Jun 16:43
- Crafterella featured Pallet Deck Chair 04 Jun 23:00
- kajal98 favorited Pallet Deck Chair 25 May 06:27
- C.J. M. added Pallet Deck Chair to Wood 23 May 17:57
- C.J. M. favorited Pallet Deck Chair 23 May 17:57
- Ryland Peters & Small published his project Pallet Deck Chair 23 May 08:10
You Will Need
To attach the short front legs to the longer back legs, pre-drill two holes through the back legs ½ and 1¼ inches (1 and 3cm) from one edge (think of how two dots look on a dice—that’s the position of these holes). Glue and screw the angled ends of the front legs under the frame, making sure that the angled ends of the front legs slope down and inward. Use 2½-inch (65-mm) screws.
For the seat, cut six pallet wood planks 20 inches (50cm) long and sand smooth. Glue and screw five of these planks to the legs, with the front plank overhanging the front legs a little. Use the 1¼ -inch (30-mm) wood screws and pre-drill the holes to prevent the pallet wood splitting. (Reserve the sixth plank to use in step 8.)