citrusy, minty and full of rum.
- Zombie Babe favorited #Friday Night Treat: Lemon Mojitos 12 Nov 07:24
- Victoria M. added #Friday Night Treat: Lemon Mojitos to Martha Stewart 09 Nov 14:49
- Moira A. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Lemon Mojitos 27 Oct 07:55
- Didi D. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Lemon Mojitos 27 Oct 05:15
- Jane C. published their project #Friday Night Treat: Lemon Mojitos 15 Jul 16:42
The end of the first real week of January and it’s time to have a wee bit of a relax.
Swimming lessons have been done, work has been filed, the kiddo has been entertained and entertaining. Ballet is in the morning and tomorrow afternoon is small one’s ‘Star Wars’ party to celebrate turning four.
(I’ll share some of my tips on having a children’s party that doesn’t break you both financially and physically next week.)
But tonight we’re going to have a cocktail and we want something that is going to keep us from looking at the snow outside.
Also, four years ago I was just coming on line again after having been in labour for a couple of days (yes, that was not a typo-days). I had this little human being that I had ZERO idea how I was going to take care of. For the first month of her life I would call my husband at work in the middle of the day just to tell him that I’d managed to keep her alive thus far.
How about a cocktail to celebrate four years of this now?
Purists, I know that you aren’t going to be happy with me but I need a shot of vitamin C that only lemons can give me and a bit of rum won’t hurt either.
For two healthy sized drinks you need;
1 lemon (quartered), 1/3 cup sugar and 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves. Mash these together with a rolling pin or a muddler until the lemon pieces and mint let go of their juice.