Newspaper print shoes.
Inspired by the Harley Quinn Comic Shoes by Harley Quinn (http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/harley-quinn-comic-shoes_2).
I saw the afore mentioned shoes and thought it was a wonderful idea, except I'm not really into comics, so thought I'd do something similar using newspaper.
The timing is just a guess and does not include drying time.
I didn't originally plan it as a how-to project so for that reason I don't have any pictures of the steps, but I'll try to make it as clear as I can, but feel free to ask questions if it's a bit difficult to understand.
- Blondell K. favorited Newspaper Shoes. 11 Mar 19:35
- jaisa.riley favorited Newspaper Shoes. 18 Feb 19:01
- Eleanor entered her project Newspaper Shoes. to The Confetti Bar 06 Oct 17:24
- Eleanor entered her project Newspaper Shoes. to Pogo Connect 01 May 18:41
- Eleanor entered her project Newspaper Shoes. to Nicely Noted Contest 04 Feb 16:09
- Eleanor entered her project Newspaper Shoes. to Cricut Contest 07 Jan 19:32
- Broken Bownes favorited Newspaper Shoes. 01 Nov 20:45
- Cristina L. favorited Newspaper Shoes. 14 Jul 07:08
Cut out bits of newspaper to try and fit your shoes, it doesn't matter if its not exact because you can tidy it up later using a stanley knife. The smaller the sections you do, the less creased it will come out (as I found out the hard way).
Then use PVA glue to stick the newspaper to the shoe, it's best if you use your fingers to do this because that way you can smoothe out any creases in the paper, but it can be a bit messy.
Leave the shoes to dry and then do a few more coats of glue so that you can't feel the paper any more.
After all that has dried, you can turn your attention to the sole of the shoe. I thought that the black sole made the shoes look a bit boring, and because they were an old pair of shoes they were a bit scuffed. Use acrylic paint to paint the soles a colour of your choice, I chose red.
You might need to do a few coats of paint (I did 3) and then go over it in PVA glue just to stop the paint rubbing off.