Rich Body Butter for Dry Skin
This body butter is perfect to moisturise dry skin. The base for this beauty DIY is made with cacao butter and shea butter that help to keep the skin moisturised and protect it from drying out. Apricot kernel oil, which is rich in vitamins A and E and said to have positive effects on skin ageing, and jojoba oil, which further boosts the nourishing effect. The body butter is ideal to smooth rough elbows, knees, or even feet.
- Crash Blackburn added Moisturising Body Butter to Beauty & bath line 12 Aug 04:14
- Crash Blackburn favorited Moisturising Body Butter 12 Aug 04:13
- Tashianna S. favorited Moisturising Body Butter 11 Apr 12:58
- Kimber C. favorited Moisturising Body Butter 03 Feb 02:46
- RareJewel favorited Moisturising Body Butter 07 Aug 15:11
- Alex B. favorited Moisturising Body Butter 07 Aug 02:17
- Irena C. published their project Moisturising Body Butter 28 Jul 09:00
Fill a saucepan 1/3 with water and bring to a mild simmer. Add the shea butter, cocoa butter, apricot kernel oil, and jojoba oil into a heatproof bowl and place on top of the saucepan. The water shouldn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir constantly until the mixture has completely melted and no lumps of shea butter remain.
Once melted, set the mixture aside for ten minutes to cool while stirring constantly. Then put the body butter into the freezer for 15 minutes.
Using an electric mixer or whisk, whip the cold mixture until fluffy and almost doubled in volume. Lastly, stir in the essential oil and store in a cool, dark place.