Tuturial on Marbleizing Paper
Guess what? It's another one of those reprinted articles from my days on craftycrafty! Enjoy :)
Recently I was introduced to the very cool art of paper marbleizing.
Gather up your supplies and you'll be on your way to creating gorgeous, funky swirled patterned paper...
- ellie j. added Marbleizing Paper to cool stuff i can do 25 Dec 23:29
- Nora E. added Marbleizing Paper to Projects to try 02 Jun 18:35
- Hanna P. favorited Marbleizing Paper 28 Oct 04:16
- hillar-ious hillary favorited Marbleizing Paper 26 Jun 19:47
- Impybat entered her project Marbleizing Paper to Mix Tape Zine 17 Jul 03:05
In between stirring, prepare your oil paint mix. Cut the plastic cups like the picture shows and add a little of the thinner. You don't need a lot, just enough so that it covers the bottom. Squeeze in a small amount of paint and stir with the sticks.
little plastic cups cut to size & oil paints
Have you been keeping an eye on your cornstarch mix? After it has turned that milky color, it's time to transfer it to a glass dish, like a Pyrex bowl. It's time to let the mixture cool a bit so it can "set". This would be a good time to pick the paper that you want to marbleize.
"set" cornstarch mixture & mixed paints