The Balance Diet
This is one of my all-time favourite
desserts: fruit fool with a healthy
and exotic twist. This is the perfect
make-ahead dessert as it will sit
happily in the fridge for a few hours.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Wheat free, Gluten free, Vegetarian
© 2022 Jennifer Irvine / Black Dog Publishing · Reproduced with permission. · Recipe and images from 'The Balance Diet - Quick and Easy Recipes to Feel Healthy and Slim' by Jennifer Irvine, published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson. Photography by Dan Jones.
- SugarNSpiceLily added Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut to Gluten Free 10 Feb 00:59
- vicky.mcnair.1 favorited Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 10 Nov 21:38
- Suzi T. favorited Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 08 Nov 17:24
- Alecia B. favorited Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 27 Oct 05:16
- Emma H. favorited Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 26 Oct 19:36
- ale_corason favorited Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 22 Oct 07:21
- Orion Books published her project Mango Fool With Lime & Toasted Coconut 04 Aug 11:29
Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and
dry toast the coconut flakes until just golden. Set aside.
Remove the flesh from the mangoes, place in a blender or
food processor, and purée until smooth.
Stir the lime zest and juice and the yoghurt into the mango
purée. (Do not mix in completely – you want to retain a
Spoon the yoghurt mix into 2 serving glasses. Top with
the passion fruit seeds and toasted coconut flakes.
TIP When preparing mango, the easiest way to remove the
flesh is to slice through the fruit vertically as close to the stone
as possible. Then, using a spoon, scrape against the inside of
the skin so you catch every little bit. The Orion Publishing Group