the plastic bag bag
So, my friend asked me to make her one of those "neat environmentally friendly grocery bags" and I thought why not use the colorful plastic grocery bags I have overflowing the cabinet under the sink!
These bags came from Spinneys (yellow) and Choithrams(turquoise) which are popular grocery stores in Dubai.
I used a size 8 crochet needle and a hobo bag design. Since the plastic was a bit scratchy I put a lining and to keep in the environmentally friendly theme the material has trees on it.
So, if you see a happy girl at Baylor with this bag, that's my friend!
P.S. I decided to name this bag the "I AM a plastic bag" to rival the cloth grocery bags which say " I am not a plastic bag".
- Brigit favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 09 Apr 07:09
- TealRose added I Am A Plastic Bag to CROCHET 04 Aug 02:50
- amelie.therese favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 18 May 11:40
- Helen S. added I Am A Plastic Bag to ideas 18 May 10:09
- sharron.hibbert.1 favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 25 Apr 10:04
- arielflores.vierra favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 04 Apr 08:13
- Shannon L. added I Am A Plastic Bag to Things I like with no instructions 25 Mar 12:35
- Audrey P. favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 02 Feb 05:07
- Mowdy28 favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 27 Jan 00:00
- PJJazzyJess favorited I Am A Plastic Bag 25 Nov 01:39
I don't have a pattern for what I did but I can explain what I did. I made a big circle by getting bigger (2 stitches every x stich, x is the row you are on) then when I was happy with the size of the base I went 1 stitch in each stitch until I was happy with the height and made the straps.
* take in account that the bag will stretch when you put heavy things inside
The bag will be very scratchy and not at all comfortable, so put a cloth on the strap to protect your shoulder.
* you need a thin but strong needle to do this and a strong arm