Re-cycle your old cassette tapes and make this lamp!
I have often thought about throwing out my old cassette tapes, but it always felt like such a waste.
Then one day I saw a photo of a cool lamp made from those little mini tapes. So I though I would make my own version and recycle my old normal sized tapes that I never use any more and make this cassette tape lamp ^_^
It makes a really pretty pattern on the walls too when its turned on!
- Jane W. added How To Cassette Tape Lamp to Room for a music fan 22 Sep 08:44
- James A. commented on How To Cassette Tape Lamp 12 Aug 11:07
- Impluse L. commented on How To Cassette Tape Lamp 24 Jul 06:45
- Esteph H. commented on How To Cassette Tape Lamp 13 Jul 06:54
- Allen P. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 24 Jun 10:15
- Shirley R. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 27 May 10:21
- larso a. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 20 May 11:14
- Fannie M. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 18 May 07:54
- Thomas C. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 11 May 11:01
- miki j. favorited How To Cassette Tape Lamp 30 Mar 16:01
Glue two of your tapes together, side by side.
Repeat this. You should now have two sets of two tapes as pictured in the top circle.
Then glue them together to create a set of four tapes, as in the bottom circle.
Repeat with the remaining tapes. You should then have 4 sets of 4 tapes.
IMPORTANT! You must leave your glue to dry for the recommend time on the packet before you attempt the next step.
What to do with your old lamp shade you may ask...
Why not decorate it with any bits and bobs you have lying around like left over ribbon or bows.
Plus, don't forget to use an energy saving bulb in your lamp :)