Style Me Vintage: Tea Parties by Betty Blythe
We have the Egyptians to thank for creating this drink more than 1,500 years ago. This essential summer drink is the perfect way to cool down on a summer’s day.
Recipes extracted from Style Me Vintage: Tea Parties by Betty Blythe, published by Pavilion. Recipe photography by Ola. O. Smit
- Anorina M. added Homemade Lemonade to Girlie Tea Party 11 Jul 06:52
- amyistheparty added Homemade Lemonade to Backyard Picnic Summer Soiree 18 Apr 20:53
- amyistheparty favorited Homemade Lemonade 24 Mar 16:15
- Quackers, Vino & Cheese favorited Homemade Lemonade 26 May 18:46
- dotletty favorited Homemade Lemonade 11 Nov 09:28
- KelliDroze added Homemade Lemonade to Food 04 Sep 04:56
- Fudgestickles added Homemade Lemonade to learn it 03 Sep 19:09
- rosa r. favorited Homemade Lemonade 30 Aug 15:33
- SugarNSpiceLily added Homemade Lemonade to A Bite To Eat 26 Aug 23:48
- A Bite To Eat published her project Homemade Lemonade 04 Aug 15:49
First make the syrup. Heat the sugar and the 240 ml/8½ fl oz/generous 1 cup water in a small saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Once the syrup is completely clear, juice your lemons and pour into a large jug.
Next, pour the sugar syrup together with the lemon juice into glass bottles with a seal. Finish off by placing lemon peels inside the bottle. At your picnic, dilute with the cold water.