8 balls of worsted (aran/10-ply) baby alpaca/merino yarn – 1 x light blue (A), 3 x cream (B), 1 x mint green (C), 1 x turquoise (D), 1 x dark blue (E) and 1 x pink (F); 50g/102yd/94m
5mm (US 8, UK 6) knitting needles
Circumference: 58in (148cm), height: 11½in (29cm)
22 sts x 20 rows = 4in (10cm) square using 5mm (US 8, UK 6) needles
This is a great project for an evening. Simply choose your favourite colours in a soft yarn for a luxurious snood.
- 114890_2F2016-09-01-102508-Graphite+Chart+CI_adjusted.eps 2.32 MB [ Download ]
- Chudames favorited Graphite Snood 27 Sep 03:46
- princesstwynkee p. favorited Graphite Snood 11 Sep 19:28
- Crafterella featured Graphite Snood 10 Sep 23:00
- Alissa B. favorited Graphite Snood 08 Sep 20:26
- Pam favorited Graphite Snood 05 Sep 01:40
- Search Press published her project Graphite Snood 02 Sep 09:00
Cast on 60 sts using yarn A.
Foundation row: knit each stitch tbl to form a neat edge.
Row 1: k3A, work row 1 from chart three times, k3B.
The odd-numbered rows are worked from right to left and are knitted, the even-numbered rows are worked from left to right and are purled.
Continue working from the chart, noting that the first and last three sts of every row (not shown on the chart) are knitted in the start and end colour, to form a g st edge, and the rest of the work is completed in st st.
Continue until work measures approximately 58in (148cm), finishing with last row of chart. Cast off, leaving a long yarn tail for sewing up your work.
Press snood lightly. Join cast-on and cast-off ends using mattress stitch with RS facing. Weave in all loose ends.