Sewn goddess dolls
Personally I love to make goddess dolls, they make both beautiful ornaments and great meditation aids.
And a nice gift for any pagan, wiccan or witch.
- Key West Witch favorited Goddess Doll 28 Jun 20:17
- FreeCountrySpirit favorited Goddess Doll 08 Feb 04:15
- Terri L. favorited Goddess Doll 02 Dec 21:21
- Debrianna J. favorited Goddess Doll 02 Feb 23:24
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Goddess Doll 25 Jul 05:24
- Carol T. favorited Goddess Doll 02 Aug 20:25
- Izzie K. favorited Goddess Doll 11 Jul 02:45
- maggie m. favorited Goddess Doll 07 Dec 20:06
- Serenity W. favorited Goddess Doll 12 Nov 19:57
- Shanna G. added Goddess Doll to To-make list 02 May 04:00
Decide on the shape and size of your goddess, and sketch her down on a piece of paper, cut your figure out and use this as your pattern.
Remember not to make her waist or arms to thin, you have to be able to stuff her later.
Trace the pattern onto a double layer of fabric, of your choice, and remember to leave space for your seems.
Cut out and pin the fabric, front against front.
Start your stitches on the side of her lower half and not on the bottom. This will make it easier to get a nice finish.
Go all the way around the shape and make sure to leave an inch or so open.
Turn the doll right side out, use a pencil for the arms and head.
Stuff your doll with what ever you wish, pillow stuffing, scented herbs etc.
Use the pencil once again to get the stuffing into head and arms.
Sew the last open inch close by hand.
Figure out how you want to embellish your goddess doll, do you want to do beading, tassels, tail, hair, embroidery or something totally different.
Just let your creative juices flow, this is the fun part.
Now put a ribbon or thread in the top of her head, if you want her to be an ornament and you are done.