Labyrinth inspired Goblin head piece
This is the headdress, wig, and mask that will accompany my goblin costume. ^_^ What isn't shown are my prosthetic goblin ears. Hope everyone enjoys!!
- Ilana M. favorited Goblin Headdress 18 Jan 23:58
- notthatmj added Goblin Headdress to Summer projects 30 May 17:40
- notthatmj favorited Goblin Headdress 30 May 17:40
- Bia A. favorited Goblin Headdress 06 Mar 00:54
- Moominsmurf favorited Goblin Headdress 08 Sep 16:57
- Frocktopus favorited Goblin Headdress 08 Sep 01:57
- Emma H. favorited Goblin Headdress 05 Sep 17:50
- Markee R. added Goblin Headdress to Labyrinth Ball 22 Jun 14:06
- Bracken T. favorited Goblin Headdress 15 Jun 17:51
- Jodi C. favorited Goblin Headdress 31 Mar 12:46
I began by making my base. I took the uncut wire and measured it around my head to see what was comfortable and looked good. Mine came out to be about 12" inches. Add 2" more to your measurements. BEFORE YOU CUT, double the wire over for as many times as you would like. You want it to be sturdy but still pliable. I doubled mine till I had four strands of wire.
The extra 2" will now be used to rope the wire together. You just twist the extra wire around till its tight. You can use your wire cutters or needle-nose pliers to smooth out the very end so it doesn't poke you.
Be sure, when you are wrapping it around, you leave a loop. This will be used to secure the headdress with a bobby pin to your hair.
Now, I took the ribbon and wrapped it around the wire. Begin about .5" from the end of the wire. Hot glue the end of the ribbon tightly around the wire and then continue till you get to the other end. Be sure to leave .5" on the other side too.
The ribbon makes it look a hundred times better but it also gives you a create base for the hot glue to stick to.