French petite butter cake in a sea shell shape. Madeleines are unique little cake, browned and crispy on the outside and spongy and soft on the inside. A perfect party favor. The trick to awesome madeleines is patience, the batter has to rest over night in the refrigerator.
- RareJewel favorited French Lime Madeleines 09 Jun 05:21
- Lara L. favorited French Lime Madeleines 01 Mar 13:14
- CapedCrusadette favorited French Lime Madeleines 13 Oct 23:40
- ale_corason favorited French Lime Madeleines 12 Aug 06:15
- Emma H. favorited French Lime Madeleines 09 Aug 15:29
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited French Lime Madeleines 09 Aug 14:55
- Bobbie N. published her project French Lime Madeleines 21 May 16:33
Prepare mise en place
Melt, brown, and cool butter
In a medium bowl stir, with a wooden spoon flour and baking powder, set aside
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, sea salt, honey and vanilla seeds, until the mixture whitens.
Add lime essence, lime zest, aroma mix.
Sift the flour mixture into batter, stirring until smooth.
Add the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
Finish with milk. Mix.
Cover the batter with plastic film and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, overnight is preferable!
After allowing adequate rest time , divide the mixture into madeleines baking bans (silicone or buttered and floured baking pans). Place the prepared filled pans in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes