An simple one hour craft for a rainy day...literally!
The library in the town where I live began having some all ages craft classes and painting on Dollar store umbrellas with fabric paint was one of them.
I did not go in with any plan but the library had dozens of inspirations printed off and pretty much most of the participants were able to complete their projects in the hour allotted for the class.
I think it helped drawing out a rough sketch on a piece of paper of what I wanted to paint on the umbrella. I found a similar template that could be used at the link here:
This was painted freehand using the picture as inspiration and mixing paints with water and to make them more blendable; that seemed to be the key to make it glide on smoothly is to be sure the brush was saturated.
Mostly I used a sponge brush but did you a paint brush to lightly outline the shapes before filling in the colors.
- Heather R. favorited Flower Umbrella Painting 01 Apr 11:43
- Key West Witch favorited Flower Umbrella Painting 06 Sep 15:25
- Melissa Beth favorited Flower Umbrella Painting 28 Aug 00:24
- Mistress Nora of Madness commented on Flower Umbrella Painting 14 Jul 01:05
- KMOM14 published her project Flower Umbrella Painting 01 May 02:35
KMOM14 posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!