For a Doctor Who birthday party!
a friend's daughter loves Doctor Who and had that as the theme for her birthday party. she asked for guests to dress up, so i looked through a borrowed book of Doctor Who monsters to find something to inspire me (we haven't started watching the show yet so we don't know much about it). since the party is going to involve water play (lots of little kids!) i just wanted to have something easy to put on and take off, and thought this would be just the ticket!
my other daughter is going as a Giant Spider, wearing a homemade spider costume from last Halloween :)
- Key West Witch favorited Empty Child Gas Mask 04 Oct 19:46
- KelliDroze added Empty Child Gas Mask to Halloween 30 Jul 07:07
- Skyliva favorited Empty Child Gas Mask 24 Apr 18:10
- rhiannonfaun favorited Empty Child Gas Mask 01 Dec 22:11
- zorenne z. added Empty Child Gas Mask to masks 29 Aug 00:28
- zorenne z. favorited Empty Child Gas Mask 29 Aug 00:28
- margaret.sanchez.754 commented on Empty Child Gas Mask 26 Aug 18:12
- Lea Bee added Empty Child Gas Mask to Doctor Who 09 Aug 19:22
- Roughwaters44 favorited Empty Child Gas Mask 06 Jul 08:45
- Kichiru added Empty Child Gas Mask to Volná Inspirace :"3 19 May 12:11
then i made marks to see how big of a piece of fabric i needed for the rest of the mouth piece- some of the felt would cover the outer circle, then the whole other circle, plus a little extra to make it longer. that equaled 3 1/4", and i cut along the long side of a sheet of felt, which was longer than the circumference of my circles, allowing for room to make it flare out a little.
(i totally forget to get pictures of the rest of this! sorry!) i folded the long strip of felt in half horizontally, and basically sewed a dart from one end to the other along the fold. i glued that middle seam onto the 2 circles glued together, then glued the sides around to meet on the opposite side. i glued them at an angle so it would flare out.
next i glued the flared mouth piece onto the mask and added the bits that i attached eyelets to.
then i painted the circle on the mask and the 2 leftover circles for the eyes with the silver and gold paint to make them look metallic. once that dried, i glued the eye circles onto the mask. i measured around my daughter's head and cut out a piece of elastic, gluing it onto the mask. i cut another piece of elastic to go on that piece on the top of the head and attached it.