create your own minimalist embroidered notebook
I made this as a part of one of my friends birthday present. I had been on etsy looking for ideas what to give her and saw a lot of minimalist, embroidered notebooks. I thought "hey, I could make that myself!".
you can use any image you want and its all done in backstitch. sorry for the lack of photos but it should be easy to follow
- sarah g. favorited Embroidered Notebook 13 Apr 04:09
- bemeself entered her project Embroidered Notebook to Secret Santa 14 Dec 20:11
- Rachael H. added Embroidered Notebook to Crafting 30 Nov 17:19
- bemeself entered her project Embroidered Notebook to Origrami 16 Nov 19:52
- bemeself entered her project Embroidered Notebook to Singer Christmas Contest 15 Nov 12:27
- ciara r. favorited Embroidered Notebook 12 Nov 06:23
- Steampanda added Embroidered Notebook to Ideas to find insperation from 21 Oct 20:17
- bemeself published her project Embroidered Notebook 21 Oct 14:49
first draw out the design on the notebook lightly with the pencil. You will be rubbing this out at the end
Put a thick layer of blu tac under you design using your thick needle, punch holes evenly along the lines you have drawn. The blu tac should stop it from damaging the front page. Make sure to pull the needle all the way through and repeat going through on the other side. The size of the gaps between the holes will be the size of your stiches. Rub out all your pencil marks
Remove the blu tac and thread your needle. Sew in back-stitch through all the holes, changing colour when the design needs it.Tie a knot at the end and make sure all loose ends are in the inside page.
To make it neater, glue the cover to the first page so you don't see any of the knots. And your done, Yay!