Cute and easy boots for your dog
I have a shihtzu and my mom is growing her hair out really long. But anyway, I took her on a walk this morning and her feet got soo nasty. After I bathed her yesterday too :| So I decided that I was making her boots.
And it's really easy! Going ahead to apologize for these pictures. I don't know why they came out so bad!
- Brittany M. favorited Dog Booties! 11 Oct 13:52
- Key West Witch favorited Dog Booties! 27 Jun 11:59
- Heather G. favorited Dog Booties! 22 Apr 18:43
- Rachael H. added Dog Booties! to Animals 30 Nov 16:37
- olivia m. favorited Dog Booties! 23 Mar 10:12
- victoriajo favorited Dog Booties! 01 Oct 15:31
- Miriam S. favorited Dog Booties! 29 Jun 20:40
- monika.deleeuwtanchyk favorited Dog Booties! 02 Mar 18:32
- Martha G. favorited Dog Booties! 27 Sep 23:39
Alright so you can use one shirt or two. I used two, one black and one white. I used the white for the inside.
But you want to measure around your dogs feet. Gidget need 2.5" around her legs and 4" for the length.
To make it easy, just cut make a rectangle with the length and width like I did. And do that again if you want them to be thick.
This is the most challenging part. I don't really measure much because I find if I do, it comes out looking botched.
But once you've sewn the sides up, sort of make a pipe out of it. Then take a square piece of fabric and just sort of lay it on top of one end of the "pipe". You want to sew a circle out of that square. Then once you've done that, cut around the corners.
Turn it inside out and fold in the edge of the other end and sew that up too. This is now you're little booty for your dog. But to ensure that it doesn't just slide off, you want to add elastic or velcro.
I used elastic. Then you want to stitch the end of your elastic band to one half of the shoe.
Then you should cut the elastic off, just leaving a little strip. Then stitch the end piece of that elastic to the other half the shoe.