Easy as four seams!
Turn a boring pair of jeans into some fun skinnys with this DIY tutorial!
- autumnrose.lee favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 11 Mar 12:41
- shari.martin2 added Diy Skinny Jeans to pants 23 Jan 23:12
- Ruth O. added Diy Skinny Jeans to DIY Look 09 Nov 18:04
- Blair A. favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 14 Apr 00:09
- Jacob V. favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 23 Aug 06:26
- autumn rose l. favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 13 Aug 20:55
- Biscuit crumb favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 28 Mar 23:21
- sprouseam favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 09 Jun 01:39
- Leah. favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 01 Jun 21:01
- Sanne E. favorited Diy Skinny Jeans 01 Jun 08:09
Pin along the sides of your legs. Start pinning at the point where your jeans start to flare (mine was at the knees). If you're having trouble, find a friend you trust (those pins are sharp!) to help you out. Don't pin too close to your legs as you'll need about a 1/2 inch slack so you can actually put these jeans on when you're done. If your jeans are a stretchy material, you can pin them closer to your body.
Next, take your pants off CAREFULLY. I cannot stress this enough. I may or many not have gotten a pin in my leg during this step.
Your pin line should taper into the natural hem line of the jeans. Take the seam all the way into the natural hem line, merging the two.
After you've sewn both sides of each leg, turn your jeans right side out & try them on. Make sure they look right before moving on to the next step! If you see any puckering this means your sewn line may not be straight enough. Go over the sewn line again & make adjustments if needed.