These necklaces sure do Rock! (pun intended).
I am really excited about this next DIY tutorial because I got to smash things to pieces with a hammer! This was so incredibly fun for me because, well seeing rocks explode is fun! But I wasn't just destroying pretty rocks for nothing, I was putting them to good use. I had a whole bunch of pretty crystals that would be perfect to sparkle in the light around someone's neck!
- Key West Witch added Diy Rock Necklaces! to Jewelry 30 Jun 03:03
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 27 Jun 19:38
- asia.pearce favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 20 Jul 04:25
- Angie C. favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 01 Oct 16:22
- Chudames favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 12 May 22:04
- Annick P. added Diy Rock Necklaces! to Bottle Necklace 15 Mar 10:22
- Suzanne W. favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 07 Aug 15:11
- kokosza favorited Diy Rock Necklaces! 14 Jul 19:58
- Kichiru added Diy Rock Necklaces! to Lovely things ♥ 19 May 11:46
- Kichiru added Diy Rock Necklaces! to Really do this ! 18 May 17:45
Now go gather some crystals and rocks! The rocks I used were (from top) pyrite, also called fools gold, a home-grown crystal from a cheesy little kit, and that mystery rock that I found in my rock box! I don't know what its called but I will refer to it as rainbow rock because thats what it looks like :). I also made a blue and yellow necklace out of the same home-grown crystal stuff. I used those because I liked how it got really light and pastel-like!
(click to make bigger)
Now hang it from chain, I like the look of really thin chains so thats what I used! I've been meaning to try magnetic closure but the classic little hook thingy works well too. So with useless old rocks or crystals, you can make a beautiful necklace that will have people coming up to looking at your interesting piece of jewelry!