Revamp your jeans
- meg B. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 25 Jun 15:43
- Luna M. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 27 Aug 16:33
- Lex S. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 31 May 00:49
- Alice N. added Diy Polka Dot Jeans to Clothes 30 Mar 17:23
- vermilia c. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 15 Mar 13:09
- Alissa B. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 14 Mar 20:36
- lOu favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 06 Mar 11:25
- kelsey.brockerville favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 05 Mar 13:20
- Linda Y. added Diy Polka Dot Jeans to Recon 03 Mar 02:27
- Rochelle B. favorited Diy Polka Dot Jeans 02 Mar 20:45
Dip your cotton bud in your bleach and start adding your polka dots. (Be careful to dab off any excess before you put your cotton bud anywhere near your jeans, or you end up with fine trails of bleach landing on your jeans) I had a couple of queries on facebook regarding how to get even spacing between the dots. So for those of you that asked...I eyeballed mine BUT there was a degree of method to it. Essentially I worked in rows. Lay down the 1st row of dots in a straight line along the hem. Then moving up about an inch, stagger the 2nd row so the dots are centred above the spaces inbetween the dots in the 1st row. Then move up another inch and place the dots in the 3rd row, directly in line with the dots in the 1st row. Make sense?
Work as quickly (and carefully!) as you can. This process is quick and your first dots will be bleaching lighter and lighter while you are working on the next side. You can see what I mean in the picture below. I started at the bottom of the right side then by the time I got to the top of the left side, the dots on the right were really bright, whilst the dots on the left were still developing. Keep an eye on the last lot of dots and as soon as they all reach a similar intensity to the rest....