Gemstone jewelry is always beautiful. Creating with gemstones can produce unique jewelry pieces in striking combinations or elegant monochromatic pieces.
The Bohemian style of jewelry incorporates a wide variety of materials in a single piece. This necklace tutorial I have created for you uses cotton cording, beautiful Amazonite, Agate tubes, and painted metal feather charms on a chain. It will require a more intermediate skill set.
- DawnRedwood favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 19 May 15:12
- Lisa H. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 09 Apr 12:32
- Diane H. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 08 Dec 01:39
- Claire D. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 30 Jun 09:06
- Kathy C. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 09 Apr 10:25
- Cathy R. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 29 Oct 02:49
- Shawna S. favorited Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 23 Oct 08:39
- Traci S. added Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace to Autumn Chill 10 Oct 17:14
- Shelly O. published her project Diy: Gemstone Statement Necklace 28 Aug 08:38
54 pcs – 10 mm Amazonite Beads
27 pcs – 6mm Amazonite Beads
2 pcs – Painted Style Dyed Agate Tubes
1 pc – Chain with Painted Feather Charms*
2 pcs – Crimp Tubes
4 pcs – Bead Cones
2 pcs – 6mm Jump Rings
2 pcs – 4mm Jump Rings
20 gauge Craft or Jewelry Wire
Jewelry Stringing Wire (roughly 12 inches)
Cotton Cording in a gray or neutral color
*Jo-Ann has a similar feather charm chain that is not painted that would work if you cannot find this specific feather chain.
Scissors or Thread Burner
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose or Flat Nose Pliers
Optional: Knot Tool
Measure and cut two sections of cording roughly 3 feet each and set aside.
Cut two equal lengths of craft/jewelry wire (around 6 inches). Form a wrapped loop at one end. Slide a bead cone on with the broad end opposite of the loop. Slide on a gemstone tube bead then another cone with the broad end on the end of the tube. Form another wrapped loop. Trim excess wire. Repeat for second gemstone tube.
Attach a 4mm jump ring to the bottom loop of each of the gemstone tube connectors.
Thread on the 6mm gemstones. Using a crimp tube attach the end of the stringing wire to the 4mm jump ring of the second gemstone tube connector. Using a 6mm jump ring, attach one end of the chain with the feather charms to one of the gemstone tube connectors. Attach the other end of the chain in the same manner to the second gemstone tube connector.