a fabric planter cover for your pots
create this adorable plant cover out of fabric to place over your pot in an indoor plant
- The Little Craft House added Diy Fabric Planters to indoor Plant Lover Party 14 Feb 02:43
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Fabric Planters 06 May 02:25
- Tess added Diy Fabric Planters to House 22 Apr 04:26
- Bek S. favorited Diy Fabric Planters 02 Aug 11:05
- zombibi favorited Diy Fabric Planters 22 Feb 07:14
- ale_corason favorited Diy Fabric Planters 14 Nov 08:40
- Harri W. published her project Diy Fabric Planters 17 Jul 21:13
Now you want to cut out your fabrics.
you will need a circle out of each fabric including interfacing that is 16cm in diameter or adjust to your plant pot. You also need a rectangular piece of each type of fabric including the interfacing measured by 53 cm x 17 cm. If you have changed your sizing measure the circumference of your circle and add 3 cm to it to replace the 53 cm. Adjust the height by your choice.
Pin each of your different shapes together in this order. Interfacing, inner fabric (colour) right side up, outer fabric right side down. Pin both the circles and rectangles in this order.
Sew around the edge of each of your shapes with a 1 1/2 cm seam allowance and a empty space to turn inside out.
Now you need to hand sew (or if you are a sewing whizz, with a machine) the base and sides together.
Do this by moving the sides around the base and sewing a blanket stitch on the inside. This is a slow process as you have to continually line up the fabrics and it is also going through 6 layers of fabric.