I found a picture of yarn bird while surfing pinterest boards. It looked super cute and I thought that it was a very unique yarn craft. I have tons of yarns so I though that I should give it a try.
- Rae G. added Diy Cute Yarn Bird to I wanna make!! 20 Jul 10:25
- Rae G. favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 20 Jul 10:25
- Maria H. favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 30 Mar 10:58
- VillainousNinja added Diy Cute Yarn Bird to Decor 20 Oct 01:02
- VillainousNinja added Diy Cute Yarn Bird to Cute & Easy 10 Oct 01:50
- rene c. favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 02 Jul 23:07
- madeline.chu.7 favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 05 Feb 18:17
- Jane P. favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 09 Oct 09:42
- Miss Captain Cosplay favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 20 Apr 00:30
- Elizabeth s. favorited Diy Cute Yarn Bird 20 Mar 23:43
You will need to cut 3 pieces of cardstock paper. The width of the cardstock papers should be around 4-5 cm. Two cardstock papers should be 9 cm and the other one 12 cm. The measurement will vary depending on the size of the bird.
Take different colored yarn and wrap them around the cardstock papers lengthwise. Keep wrapping them until they are thick enough (1cm thick in each side).
Hold the yarns on the cardstock firmly and cut any one side. You will get a group of yarn strands.
For the 12 cm cardstock paper piece use dark colored yarn, this will be the upper part of the bird,
For one of the 9 cm cardstock paper piece use light colored yarn, this will be the lower part of the bird,
For the other 9 cm cardstock piece mix 2 colors together, we'll create the wings with this group of yarns.
Take the 12 cm long yarn group (dark colored) and place it on a flat surface horizontally. Take the light colored group of yarns and place it on the longer group of yarns vertically, right in the middle, creating a cross.
Fold the dark colored yarns into half, wrapping the light colored yarn group.
Take a small piece of dark colored yarn and tie it around the half folded yarn group tightly.
Now fold the light colored yarn group into half, take a small piece of light colored yarn and tie it around the half folded yarn group tightly.
Make sure that the edges of both half folded yarn groups are leveled.
Take the mixed yarn group and place it below the tied yarns from the previous step. The dark colored yarn groups knot should be facing up.
Simply attach 2 black beads on both sides of the birds head using needle and matching thread.
Attach the legs by bending the open ends of the legs and inserting it through the yarns of the lower part.
And finally Glue the beak to complete the bird. Done!
Use different colored yarns to make different patterned birds. Enjoy!