Upcycle an oversized hoodie with a cropped drawstring waist
Learn how to upcycle that oversized hoodie by adding a cute drawstring waist. Hoodies are definitely a staple in my closet, they're just so comfortable! But sometimes you just want the comfort of a hoodie without the bagginess. That's what inspired this DIY, where I show you how I transformed an oversized hoodie into a cropped sweater that cinches in at the waist.
- lorenzo j. favorited Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 27 Aug 14:03
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 07 Aug 21:47
- Mz.Green Eyed Beauty favorited Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 13 Apr 10:59
- Crafterella featured Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 30 Jul 23:00
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 29 Jul 12:49
- Carmen B. published her project Diy Cropped Hoodie With Drawstring Waist 29 Jul 09:00
Next, try the hoodie on and mark about 1 inch below the length you want it cropped to. Once you’ve marked where you crop your sweatshirt, lay the sweater flat, lining up the side seams and the front and back hem. Draw a straight line across the sweatshirt, going through your mark. Next, cut along the line, going through both layers of the sweatshirt, to remove the bottom of the hoodie.
Now insert the eyelets into the two spots you marked. To insert an eyelet, you first need to make a very small hole in the center of one of the marks. Next, grab a front eyelet piece and insert it into the hole from the outside of the sweatshirt, stretching the fabric to fit the eyelet. Then put the back piece over the front piece on the inside of the sweater and hold it in place. Next, grab your eyelet pliers and place the eyelet between the pliers with the larger plastic side on the outside of the sweatshirt. Squeeze the pliers until you feel the eyelet snap into place.