(also known as the Sweater Chain or Sweater Clip)
Cardigans are a staple in my Spring wardrobe. I own at least a dozen of them in all different colors. They are comfy, versatile, and perfect for making a sleeveless dress or tank more work-appropriate. I am going to show you how to make a sweater chain to dress up your favorite cardigan (plus it’ll keep your sweater from slipping off your shoulders). This is such a fun and easy project that you’ll want to make sweater chains for all of your cardigans.
- Kyara S. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 04 Oct 10:45
- ohsotif favorited Diy Cardi Clip 31 Jul 15:00
- lisa b. added Diy Cardi Clip to DIY the Look Carol Pilbasian from Last Man on Earth 17 May 21:12
- veronica f. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 19 Dec 19:33
- Tierra T. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 08 Nov 05:06
- Summer E. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 03 Nov 18:20
- Angie C. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 01 Oct 04:07
- Quinetta J. commented on Diy Cardi Clip 18 Aug 03:16
- Kendell V. favorited Diy Cardi Clip 25 Jul 02:24
- Olivia favorited Diy Cardi Clip 28 May 18:23
Glue your cabs onto the tops of the sweater clips to dress them up a bit. I use E6000 but any strong jewelry glue or epoxy will work. Follow the directions on your glue regarding drying time. I let mine dry overnight.
Once your glue is dry, you are ready to attach your chain to the sweater clips using jump rings.
Open the jump ring using your jewelry pliers. Hook the loop on your sweater clip into the jump ring, along with one end of your chain. Close the jump ring securely with pliers. Repeat for the other side.