A book + a cup of tea?
You can find the pattern here --> http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/11/felt-hot-cocoa-ornament/
Take a look at my blog post (http://rock-n-roll-stops-the-traffic.blogspot.it/2013/04/diy-tazza-segnalibro.html) for better images of the process.
- Brittney S. added Diy Bookmark Cup to Misc Other 07 Jul 05:56
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 22 Aug 19:03
- Rebecca M. favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 21 Jun 16:51
- mmotse03 favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 21 Feb 07:43
- kristin.hooker favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 13 Mar 16:09
- banu added Diy Bookmark Cup to Inspiring Ideas to Try 01 Feb 12:17
- banu favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 01 Feb 12:14
- Angela T. added Diy Bookmark Cup to List 26 Sep 14:34
- Helli favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 10 Sep 08:37
- bemeself favorited Diy Bookmark Cup 24 Aug 20:18
As decoration I chose pinwheels: I made some rectangles out of red felt and I cut them diagonally to get triangles that I placed like you can see in the picture.
I worked just on the front of the mug but you can decorate the back as well!
To make the cord of the tea bag I used some twine. As you can see in the picture I used a needle to help me make it pass under the beige piece and I pulled it until it wasn't visible anymore. Sew it to keep it in place.
You can brush on it some clear polish if it frays.
Put the back of the mug on top of the fron (wrong side together) and sew it together.
Finally to make the tea label cut 2 little rectangles of felt and trim the upper corners, pay the free end of the twine between the two labels and sew them together.