Make dad a cute plant holder with a plastic dinosaur found at the thrift store!
I recently saw these on the web and chuckled. The Etsy seller is doing rather well, which I congratulate them on, but for me....this RAWRS DIY!
I thought it'd be great for a Father's Day gift or a fun flower vase for myself.
- Rissy favorited Dino For Daddio! 19 Jan 00:16
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Dino For Daddio! 23 Jul 09:02
- Emma H. favorited Dino For Daddio! 10 May 00:31
- Katt favorited Dino For Daddio! 13 Apr 21:26
- psacissej favorited Dino For Daddio! 20 Dec 19:34
- Julie B. added Dino For Daddio! to Garden 18 Jun 01:11
- eFenuska added Dino For Daddio! to Stuff 04 May 20:15
- eFenuska added Dino For Daddio! to Home 04 May 20:15
- Ada B. added Dino For Daddio! to Home Decor 14 Apr 12:29
- Nancy! favorited Dino For Daddio! 15 Mar 16:52
I found one for a buck at the thrift store, cut out a portion of the back with box cutters, spray painted it turquoise with a coat of clear to seal and popped in an air plant. The longest part of this project is waiting for the spray paint to dry and the hardest part is cutting out the square portion for the plant.
It does sound kinda weird to have a plastic dino on your desk with a plant or flowers popping out its back but, believe me, it sure will make you smile!
Cheap, easy and effective. Dig one out of your kid's toy box or find one at the thrift store and customize it to the color that suits Dad. It'd be cute to hang a tiny tie around it's neck! :)
Go make one!