Vintage Inspired Cross-stitch purse!
Cross stitching was one of my first craft works, I've learned it from my grandma. It felt awesome to cross stitch a vintage inspired pattern after a long time.
You can make this purse quite easily and the vintage look on it is really cute. I hope you like it :)
- Ms Dorito added Cross Stitch Purse to sew craft 12 Jun 19:08
- Denise M. favorited Cross Stitch Purse 30 May 06:32
- shari.martin2 added Cross Stitch Purse to Cross Stitch patterns 23 Jan 22:29
- Kimya J. favorited Cross Stitch Purse 27 Feb 01:24
- Niemans favorited Cross Stitch Purse 08 Oct 12:22
- Southern Crafter added Cross Stitch Purse to Cross Stitch 03 Oct 23:00
- RareJewel favorited Cross Stitch Purse 08 May 23:53
- Micah Ella S. added Cross Stitch Purse to fashionitas 20 Jul 13:53
- Micah Ella S. added Cross Stitch Purse to handmade fashionitas 20 Jul 13:53
- Madeleine T. favorited Cross Stitch Purse 13 Jul 18:02
Cut 2 pieces of fabric (one from aida and the other from lining fabric) for the flap.
The length and width of these pieces should match with the main purse but make sure to keep extra 0.5 inches for stitching.
Place one piece over the other one and sew 3 sides as shown in the picture of this step. You can stitch the sides straight or give them round corners like I did. After stitching the sides turn the right side out.
Mark the area on the flap for the button hole.
Use scissor to cut a small area for the button hole and stitch around the edges of the button hole,
Now fold the flap and use a pencil or pen to mark the position of the button through the hole,
Simply add the button in its place (right below the button hole).
Done! Enjoy making one :)