A quick and easy coffee cup cozy.
This style of coffee cozy was one of the first I ever made... I've been using mine since 2009. I keep it in my purse (now a diaper bag) and use it on all hot & cold drinks! These cozies whip up FAST, work great on most cans & cups, and make great gifts.
This project is EASY & is great for beginners.
MATERIALS: H (5.0 mm) hook, small amount of worsted weight cotton, yarn needle, scissors
STITCH GUIDE: CH - chain, SC - single crochet, SC2TOG - single crochet 2 together, ST(S) - stitch(es)
1. Work entire project in back loops only to create ribbed effect.
2. Count your stitches EVERY time... it's very easy to miss the last stitch of the row!
3. The piece will look crooked (hence the name) but that means you're doing it right.
Row 1: 2 SC in 2nd CH from hook, 1 SC across to last 2 STS, SC2TOG, CH 1, turn. [22 SC]
Row 2: SC2TOG, SC across to last ST, 2 SC, CH 1, turn. [22 SC]
Row 3: 2 SC in first SC, SC across to last 2 STS, SC2TOG, CH 1, turn. [22 SC]
Rows 4 - 24: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. (Piece should measure around 8" long now.)
Join end to end & either slip stitch or whip stitch closed. Flip right-side-out & slip onto your favorite travel mug, coffee shop cup, soda/beer can, or water bottle! Enjoy!
- Lisa B. favorited Crooked Coffee Cozy 20 Jun 18:40
- Yvette G. favorited Crooked Coffee Cozy 30 Mar 12:37
- Pimke added Crooked Coffee Cozy to Häckelmuster 10 Feb 19:40
- bemeself added Crooked Coffee Cozy to crochet 25 Oct 19:09
- 02jhseaby added Crooked Coffee Cozy to Try 08 Jun 15:40
- 02jhseaby favorited Crooked Coffee Cozy 08 Jun 15:40
- the little crafty mermaid <3 added Crooked Coffee Cozy to To-make list 14 Dec 03:45
- Gabrielle M. favorited Crooked Coffee Cozy 04 Dec 04:13
- Ede O. favorited Crooked Coffee Cozy 30 Nov 21:18
- Jessie D. added Crooked Coffee Cozy to To Do Yarn Crafts 19 Nov 03:16