A colorful owl purse!
This purse is most of my favorite things combined. Colors, crochet, owls, space to put a bunch of stuff, id I mention... owls?!
I am currently working on a Snowy Owl version and will post an update soon!
Added pictures of the snowy owl version =)
- Key West Witch favorited Crochet Owl Purse 05 May 00:39
- Shiggy G. favorited Crochet Owl Purse 12 Aug 04:54
- jocelyn zame favorited Crochet Owl Purse 30 May 14:36
- Miss Captain Cosplay favorited Crochet Owl Purse 22 Apr 08:30
- Fee F. favorited Crochet Owl Purse 06 Mar 19:33
- Michelle M. added Crochet Owl Purse to crochet 30 Dec 14:09
- Amanda favorited Crochet Owl Purse 25 Nov 11:26
- Georgette k. added Crochet Owl Purse to Pending 25 Oct 04:12
- Georgette k. favorited Crochet Owl Purse 25 Oct 04:12
- Amber S. favorited Crochet Owl Purse 04 Sep 15:48
I modified this tutorial on how to crochet a flat circle in order to get the sized belly I wanted on my owl.
I then lined the outer edge with a single row of crocodile stitch.
The strap almost killed me! I had some serious mental breaks when it came to trying not to be too overly OCD about the colors, which ones I used together and which ones would match up. But it turned out wonderful in the end! I made 30 circles and joined them all back to back to thicken the strap.
Take my word for it - one layer of circles is NOT enough, and they will bend, cup and fold unless you back them well.
I attached the strap via two metal rectangle rings, which I crocheted with brown to double as the ear tufts on his owly head!