Make a cup cozy for your takeaway beverages
Cup cozies, besides being useful to hold our hot, take out coffee is also a great way to practice new stitches. Small projects such as the coffee cup cozy are a great way for beginners to learn a new stitch and practice crochet while making something useful.
- Leonor R. favorited Crochet Cup Cozy 08 Oct 14:26
- Hannah A. added Crochet Cup Cozy to Crochet 04 Sep 06:47
- Kimya J. favorited Crochet Cup Cozy 29 Aug 00:03
- Crafterella featured Crochet Cup Cozy 01 Aug 23:00
- Kerry Briggs favorited Crochet Cup Cozy 28 Jul 06:48
- Leonard Sims favorited Crochet Cup Cozy 27 Jul 08:51
- Lou published their project Crochet Cup Cozy 21 Jul 09:00
Fhdc: foundation half double crochet
hdc: half double crochet
sl st(s): slip stitch(es)
blo: back loop only
flo: front loop only
Gauge: 6 st and 6 rows is 2 inches in hdc in the third loop only
R1: Fhdc 25 (or ch 26, hdc in the second ch from hook and in all ch(s)), sl st to join, ch 1
R2-4: hdc in the third loop only in each st around, sl st to join, ch 1
In the last round, do not cut yarn and ch 4 instead of 1. You will continue with the ribbing.
R1: ch 4, sl st in second ch from hook in the back bumps in the next 3 ch(s), sl st in the next hdc of round 4, turn, do not ch 1.
R2: ignore the first stl st (the one on the hdc of the previous round), sl st in blo in the next 3 sl st(s), ch 1, turn
R3: sl st in flo in the next 3 sl st(s), sl st in the next hdc of round 4, turn, do not ch 1.
R4-52: repeat rows 2 and 3 until you make a full round. In the last row join with sl st(s) with the first row as you go down or finish and sew. Cut yarn.
An easy way to remember the ribbing is that every time you are going up you will sl st in the blo. And every time you are going down, you will sl st in the flo.
Join the yarn again on the bottom side of your cup cozy and repeat the ribbing.