easy but particular!
This top was inspired by a top from a lip service collection (Step in Time, Camisole top)... and Beetlejuice! Somebody might know, i´m working on a minicollection just for fun which is beetlejuice inspired (only with himself by now, but who knows what will follow)
so, the most special thing about this top is the insert at the hips which are covered with flounces.
for the straps i used grommet tape that crosses at the back.
for sewing this top i recommend a serger and sewing machine with a twin needle.
i think the costs for this project is about 5 euros!
- Key West Witch favorited Bustled Camisole Top 26 Jun 02:23
- Mz.Green Eyed Beauty favorited Bustled Camisole Top 13 Apr 11:33
- Corvii added Bustled Camisole Top to Tops 13 Jul 22:39
- Nymmie M. favorited Bustled Camisole Top 26 Mar 05:23
- Victoria L. favorited Bustled Camisole Top 01 Jan 08:32
- Sarah M. favorited Bustled Camisole Top 09 Aug 01:02
- Katie M. favorited Bustled Camisole Top 06 Jul 05:08
- VillainousNinja added Bustled Camisole Top to Goth/Punk 17 Aug 00:25
- Vi F. favorited Bustled Camisole Top 07 Feb 23:14
- Jackkie added Bustled Camisole Top to Maeve Millay 05 Jan 15:11
Decide where you want the insert to be and draw a smooth curve on both sides of the pattern.
if you have three pieces, divide each by four and cut from bottom to top. decide how many width you want to add to each flounce. i added 1cm per cut for the small flounce, 1.5cm p. cut for middle flounce and 2cm p. cut for the big flounce. add the width only to the lower edge! you can see it on the pic of step 4.
*1 Front piece on fold
*1 Back piece on fold
*2 insert pieces
*2 small flounces
*2 middle flounces
*2 big flounces
*bias tape for piping
Seam allowances: i added 2cm to the lower edges and 0.5cm to all the other edges.
grommet tape as long as you need it or some fabric strips for straps
hem the lower edges of all parts. i flipped over the allowance, used a twin needle (sew on the right side) and cut the excess on the inside after sewing.
sew the side seams together right sides facing.
pin the grommet tape from the side seams up to the end of the collar and topstitch on both sides.
divide the back piece by four and sew on the grommet tape at the two outer marks.