Sweet, yummy Bubble Tea!
For the past few days I've been obsessed with Bubble Tea - I first saw it mentioned in a webcomic and did some research to find out about it. It sounded delicious! I decided to visit the Chinese supermarket, get some tapioca pearls and make some myself.
The recipe for sugar syrup was found at the link below, and the rest was improvised.
- Willa H. added Bubble Tea to To-Eat-Make 14 Oct 16:47
- Jenn favorited Bubble Tea 10 Jul 17:21
- Leigh C. favorited Bubble Tea 18 May 22:45
- Agnes S. favorited Bubble Tea 14 Jun 14:57
- Shawnee J. favorited Bubble Tea 12 Feb 07:09
- J F. added Bubble Tea to Food 14 Sep 16:36
- J F. favorited Bubble Tea 14 Sep 16:36
- Miss B. added Bubble Tea to To-make list 16 Apr 09:56
- gfordiani added Bubble Tea to food 22 Feb 21:05
- dezarae.hurtado commented on Bubble Tea 26 Jan 19:06
Get your water to a rolling boil, add the tapioca and boil for 30 minutes with the cover on. Then turn off the heat and let it sit for another 15 minutes.
When cooked, the tapioca pearls go clear, soft and chewy.
Whilst all of that is going on, you need to be preparing your sugar syrup and tea.
Make a mug of tea with 1/4 strong earl grey and 3/4 milk. Then put it in the fridge to cool.
For the sugar syrup, use 1 part white sugar, 1 part brown sugar and 2 parts water. Cook this on a high heat until it starts to boil, then immediately put it in a glass/container and let it cool in the fridge as well.
Remember to be careful with it, as it will burn if it touches your skin!
Optional: If you want to add a little more flavour to your tea, stir in a teaspoon of vanilla essence.