Braided bead necklace
You will need...
1. Beads - the amount will depend on how long you want the necklace to be. I cut up an old beaded necklace that I no longer liked, but you can get beads from craft and large fabric stores.
2. Chain - length is up to you. You can either buy a chain from jewellery making/craft stores, or use any old chain of yours you no longer like.
3. Bead Thread - I used medium weight bead thread but you can use any heavy thread.
4. Pliers or tweezers - pliers are best, but since I'm new to this DIY jewellery making business I didn't want to invest in one yet in case this becomes another discarded hobby, so I used tweezers instead.
5. Bead tips - I bought the bead tips from Lincraft for around $3 for 20. You can get them in silver or gold, but it won't matter much as they're generally hidden under the clasp anyway so buy whichever is cheaper!
6. Clasps or lobster locks - I used the existing lobster lock from the beaded necklace I cut up, but you can get them for a couple of dollars from Lincraft or other craft stores.
8. Needle - thin enough to go through the bead holes
- Key West Witch added Braided Bead Necklace to Jewelry 30 Jun 02:09
- Natalie W. favorited Braided Bead Necklace 19 Oct 04:26
- kokosza favorited Braided Bead Necklace 14 Jul 19:42
- Aurelie L. added Braided Bead Necklace to Bijoux 17 Mar 12:50
- minus m. favorited Braided Bead Necklace 26 Feb 12:44
- Megan M. added Braided Bead Necklace to Necklaces 04 Dec 00:51
- Molly R. favorited Braided Bead Necklace 02 Dec 01:34
- Jennifer H. favorited Braided Bead Necklace 28 Nov 03:39
- Charlotte H. favorited Braided Bead Necklace 26 Nov 19:17
- Nikola W. added Braided Bead Necklace to inspirations. 14 Nov 00:58
Using your tweezers/pliers secure the hook end of the bead tips through the underside of your clasp/lobster lock. There is a ring under the lobster lock, so you're hooking the bead tips through those. You should end up with 3 x 3 strands hanging through one clasp. Do this for one end of the necklace only... you need the other end free so you can braid.