Make a funky pair of wire wrapped beaded earrings
This tutorial shows you how to make boho style earrings with wire wrapping techniques
- Key West Witch favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 08 Oct 05:41
- Audrey S. added Boho Beaded Earrings to Jewellery 01 Mar 17:57
- Kimya J. favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 07 Dec 01:57
- crochetmommie added Boho Beaded Earrings to Jewelry Tutorials 06 Oct 14:05
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 18 Jul 02:10
- Diane H. favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 26 Feb 13:55
- RareJewel favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 11 Jan 09:12
- Sandy B. added Boho Beaded Earrings to jewelry Creations 26 Nov 13:59
- Kathy C. favorited Boho Beaded Earrings 14 Nov 03:30
- Adrienne the Crafty Little Gnome published her project Boho Beaded Earrings 10 Nov 09:00
Next take a small bead and string in onto the 24 gauge wire, hold it tightly and then wrap the 24 gauge wire around the 16 gauge wire 3 times. String a different bead onto the skinny wire and then wrap it tightly around the thicker wire 3 times.
Alternate between the two different types of beads until you have a row of beads wrapped approximately halfway around the thicker wire. Even if you wrap the wire super tight you should still be able to slide the entire section of beads over the thicker wire so that it is placed correctly in the center of the thicker wire.
Take the free end of the 24 gauge wire and wrap it around the 16 gauge wire a few times to secure it, then string on a row of small beads. Stretch the row of beads our until it reaches the other side of your beaded wire then wrap the 24 gauge wire around the 16 gauge wire several times until it is nice and tight. If you like you can pull the row of beads down ever so slightly like I did, so that it is curved. Trim the 24 gauge wire with wire cutters flush against the thicker wire.
Next take the free ends of your 16 gauge wire and loop the ends using your round nose pliers. The earring should be taking the shape of a U.
Cut two, one inch pieces of jewelry chain and secure them to the loops with jump rings, then connect them to each other with another jump ring and attach an earring hook. Working with wire can be tricky sometimes. Like any new skill, practice makes perfect so don’t be discouraged it takes some time for your earrings to look picture perfect.