These are so pretty and versatile!
I found patterns for these in a book - it's really just rows of seed beads and pretty simple to do. Do each part of trhe insect separately, so you'll end up with 4 wings and a body. You start by threading your first bead(s) on the centre of your piece of wire (about 50mm). Push both ends through the bead from opposite directions. Then make another row by pushing both ends of the wire through your next beads. Carry on like this until you've finished that item, then leave the wire ends long. Once they're all done wire the wings to the body. I've used these for jewellery, hair clips and just around the house - they catch the light beautifully
- ifone_278.jpg 243 KB [ Download ]
- Annie G. favorited Beaded Insects 08 May 20:11
- Christine B. favorited Beaded Insects 15 Aug 08:56
- madmacmom2 favorited Beaded Insects 09 Jul 01:09
- RaspberrySourZ added Beaded Insects to BEADS!!!! 16 Sep 16:03
- melanie n. favorited Beaded Insects 13 Aug 20:46
- Kelly S. entered her project Beaded Insects to Craft-In Contest 24 Mar 19:01
Kelly S. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!