Why pay all the money for this when you can make one on your own that is similar.
I had to make a dress like this for a home ec project in 2006. I dunno what happened to the dress since I have moved and don't have a sewing machine of my own and my hand stitching is well not up to par for garments. This is what I remember. Sorry if the Tut is bad my first one.
- Key West Witch favorited Babydoll Style Dress 07 Aug 22:40
- Rebecca C. favorited Babydoll Style Dress 02 Aug 22:08
- Amber C. favorited Babydoll Style Dress 02 Oct 20:12
- Jordan H. favorited Babydoll Style Dress 06 Jun 03:42
- Sasha A. added Babydoll Style Dress to Dressesz 22 Mar 20:16
- InterpretThat favorited Babydoll Style Dress 27 Feb 22:27
- kittybadass5 c. favorited Babydoll Style Dress 24 Jan 04:43
- Charley H. added Babydoll Style Dress to Devil Wears Prada 04 Dec 23:20
- Barjaa B. added Babydoll Style Dress to Projects To Do 02 Dec 02:57
- veronica f. favorited Babydoll Style Dress 01 Dec 13:15
First Take your measurements or hold up the fabric to yourself. With someones help mark or pin.
Remember to make sure you measure all around the top of your bust and under bust. Make sure its enough for the fabric to wrap around you.
If you add straps either use ribbon or make them out of fabric. You can add little doo dads if you like. After you make the straps, find out on the fabric where you want the dress to sit on your shoulders. Mark then cut two slits(red markings in pic) in the seam allowance and slide the straps through. Pin to elastic and sew ONLY FRONT part of dress.
Now fold fabric so the side allowances meet. Match your slits you made the last step now on the back of the dress. Slide straps through and fold seam allowance down and pin. Turn inside out again and sew right across the fabric like you did in step 4.
Now fold and pin the side allowances together and Sew closed. Then sew bottom seam as well. Now its done.
Decorate how you will. Add a belt or even sew a ribbon under bust like the store bought dress in the pic.
Hope my Steps made enough sense and if anyone makes one I would love to see.
<b>***Side note you can even shorten it to make a top even. So many possibilities its all up to you.