Create an oasis for your guests and entertain outdoors in Arabian style.
First make a wooden screen to form the back of the tent and a tent frame to drape over a canvas awning – or make your own gorgeous tent roof like ours in willow green and white fabric with golden tassels. Add a glamorous tabletop with metal inlay and engrave some richly-coloured Moroccan storm lanterns. Place some heavily rose-scented candles, sparkling cushions, low seating and exotic plants in the right spots, and lo and behold you have your own Bedouin tent with loads of atmosphere in which to entertain.
You can check out more fantastic projects on the Dremel website.
- Katie E. added Arabian Style Tent to Macrame 28 May 22:12
- Susan D added Arabian Style Tent to Scheherazade's room in 1001 Arabian Nights 01 Apr 18:16
- Kate A. favorited Arabian Style Tent 09 Jan 05:05
- KBunker favorited Arabian Style Tent 27 May 20:39
- christina c. favorited Arabian Style Tent 19 May 01:52
- Taylor K. favorited Arabian Style Tent 11 Jul 01:34
- Jamie C. added Arabian Style Tent to outdoor projects 10 Jun 22:50
- Jamie C. favorited Arabian Style Tent 10 Jun 22:49
- Amelia M. favorited Arabian Style Tent 22 Sep 08:48
- Rosalie E. favorited Arabian Style Tent 05 Sep 23:29
Construction of back of the Arabian nights tent using garden trellis
Buy ordinary garden trellis and using the Dremel Trio with its multipurpose cutting bit TR563, cut through the trellis to create space for metal hangings or panels, then sand off any rough edges using the TR407/408 coarse sanding bit.
Paint the trellis your desired colour using external paint. We used a pale dove grey. Cut feet from lengths of wood and affix to the base of trellis panels using the Dremel Trio with the accessory TR563, so that the panels are freestanding - or hinge them so that they stand at an angle like a screen.
Then, inset bought metalwork centres (we used brass kettle stands) into trellis panels and wire onto wood (or drill into wood if there are eye holes in the metal surround).
Next, create your roof from draped canvas or buy a tent on poles and fit your trellis inside it. Add white curtains for a private feel.