A poshed-up version of a bird softie found elsewhere on the net...
Okay, so the pattern and how-to is actually from Spool Sewing's website, and that's here: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/
I didn't do a tutorial on it because I wasn't sure if that was somehow violating Spool Sewing's copyrights. Where I did innovate on the original idea was simply to embroider the fabric before cutting the pattern pieces out and making it up in the usual way...I like taking simple sewing projects and upping the preciousness levels this way.
The 'Time' factor here is arbitrary...I didn't count how long it took to embroider the fabric, but it took a good couple of weeks, obviously, since I did other things like floss and water my basil in between. And I didn't use a sewing machine to stitch it up, I found it easier to do by hand.
How long would it take to do the sewing and stuffing of the softie alone? An hour, is my guess-timate. Maybe less if machine-sewn.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version 24 Jul 04:54
- Elin H. favorited A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version 20 Mar 20:17
- z0mbie_queen favorited A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version 29 May 16:20
- eFenuska added A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version to Stuff 11 May 16:24
- Birgit favorited A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version 06 Jan 09:58
- Belle favorited A Spool Bird Softie...Deluxe Version 23 Nov 08:17
Smallest Forest posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!