umbrella straws in 10 minutes!
Ever since we did the Umbrella Party Theme on the blog, I’ve been thinking a lot about one of the ideas – Umbrellas straws. Come rain or sunshine, umbrellas seem to be everywhere. So, when it’s a party, why not make these? Seriously, I can’t think of too many reasons. They are inexpensive & easy to make. And, they take a few minutes from start to finish. No wonder we made them for our spur of the moment Sunday brunch!
- BH3 added DIY Straw Umbrellas! to summer pool looks 29 Jul 00:10
- amyistheparty added DIY Straw Umbrellas! to beach day 18 Apr 22:11
- amyistheparty favorited DIY Straw Umbrellas! 19 Nov 18:58
- Christine P. added DIY Straw Umbrellas! to Upcycle Crafts, etc. 13 Sep 20:47
- Spanky H. favorited DIY Straw Umbrellas! 09 Aug 10:29
- Alissa B. favorited DIY Straw Umbrellas! 08 Aug 22:46
- The Craftables published their project DIY Straw Umbrellas! 04 Aug 06:00
- Cut out a circle and fold it in half. Unfold and fold it in the exact opposite direction. Repeat to make 8 even spaced sections.
- Fold on the lines and draw a scallop on one of the folds. This helps get even scallops for all the sides.
- Cut on the scallop outline. And touch up with small cuts wherever they aren’t even.
- Paint a simple design on the folds & let the paint dry.
- Fold all the panels on top of each other & make a tiny cut at the tip. This is to make the hole in the centre. It’s important that this cut is small, as it will look bigger when opened up.
- Taking one of the panel edges make a cut along the edge to the centre of the cutout.
- Paste the flaps on either side of the cutout on top of each other.